CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, September 05, 2008

Trying Day

I am exhausted today...a lot has to do with the tons of yardwork/house maintenance stuff we are working on and the emotional stress of the kiddos.
Today was a tough day for Markenley. He seemed to be out of wack emotionally. I won't go into all the details but it is so difficult...it makes me sad...especially because I know that he doesn't want to act the way that he does. He literally cannot control his emotions. When these things happen I don't always handle it the best way. I am really trying to show love to him the way Jesus would love him. This can be very difficult with an out of control child. What I am finding works best is to just hold him and let him 'get it out' until he finally calms down and then clings to me and is very sorry. I just sit and pray and sing and comfort him...what he probably missed out on as an infant. After his rage and nap he was a darling little boy. I decided to put him on 'restriction' today...basically told him that he could not play outside in the front yard or with any friends from the neighborhood. I wasn't sure if he would 'get it' but he seemed to understand. He didn't fight it....when Solomon was out front he didn't try to go too. He was extra sweet and apologetic. I wasn't really trying to use this as a punishment as much as because I felt he needed to stay closer to Mommy and Daddy and not the other kids friends. It is hard because they love playing with Markenley and he loves them. I am praying that tomorrow will be a better day!! Tomorrow is Markenley's 1st soccer game! He has only had 3 practices..and didn't really pay attention the whole time!! He doesn't know what a 'game' is...i don't think he really knows what a 'goal' is...it should be interesting. He is really excited...so are we.

1 comments:

Kathy Cassel said...

It sounds like you are handling things well.

I am going through a tough time with Adam. I almost said "lately" but really it's not just lately. It's just that we are in counseling with him now and have told him we stay in counseling this time until he works through things.

It is hard to know what to do sometimes. Hang in there. It sounds like you are doing well.

I can't wait to see soccer pictures of Markenley. I'm afraid mine won't be home for 4 yr olds! Jasmine's first game is the 20th and Jessica refs for the first time this year!