CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, May 07, 2008

Waiting/FAQ

Well...we are still waiting to find out what is going on with our file. It's frustrating to say the least. The Consulate doesn't really like to answer our emails..if they do, they are super vague..."Rest assured, we will contact your processor with the next step". First of all...can you at least answer my questions in my email?? Secondly, these are MY children...TELL ME TOO!! We are paying over $1300. for the Visa's you are supposed to be processing! Where is the customer service?? Aren't our taxes paying your salary?? Imagine being pregnant and the doctor telling some other person about your baby and telling you nothing!! We are trying to be patient..but the days keep passing by.

The reality is that they WILL be home...soon...or eventually. One of the questions I get asked quite often is "are you nervous/scared about the boys coming home?"
There are days when I honestly can say I am a bit nervous..a "what are we getting ourselves into kind of thought?"
Then I think of all God has done for us....His Sacrifice...how little we will be sacrificing for God's Children. Our whole family will have to sacrifice time, money, etc. But we will be gaining so much LOVE and JOY! All I have to do is look in their precious eyes in their pictures...then I also feel peace.
There is so much attachment therapy that we will have to do when the boys come home. We will not be able to parent these sweet little ones like we have been parenting our bio-children.
These boys have missed out on so much developmentally.
I can only imagine how they are going to feel coming home. We have been WAITING for them, but they haven't been waiting for us! This will truly be traumatic for them. New environment, new language, new people, new food, new smells, new rules, new EVERYTHING. They will surely grieve everything they 'lost'. Ya, to us this is BETTER, but to these sweet little ones, they cannot comprehend all this. It's hard enough for me to comprehend!
They do not know what a FAMILY is. So, for them to call me Mommy...they have no clue what that is. Todd and I will have to teach them to trust us. They will need to learn that we are here and will ALWAYS be here for them. They will need to learn their role as a sibling...grow to love their other siblings.
We completely feel that this was God's plan for our lives..who are we to argue with him?
This leads me to my next FAQ...will we adopt again?
Who knows?? Only God knows. I find it really hard to not do something. There are so many hurting and hungry people in the world. How can we ignore it? I could expand on this more..but I am super tired.
love to you all...
Renee

3 comments:

Kathy Cassel said...

Good insights. It sounds like you are as prepared as you can be. We knew so little when our first one came home. I just expected him to fit right in.

Bill and Christina said...

Thank you for sharing your heart. There is something to be said for waiting so long and dreaming about whats to come and then it hits us and we allow ourselves to be jolted by the reality of it all. But then comes the best part the excitement of it actually becoming a reality! I am so excited and happy for you and your family!
Christina

Anonymous said...

Yea for the visa appointment. Kelly, Crystal and Ken and I know what it is like to wait, wait, wait. May the Lord bless you and you family.

Because of Him,
Vera Briden
Albuquerque