CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Patience, pee pee, and sleeping

Through the whole adoption process I felt the Lord teaching me trust and patience. I feel that now even though the boys are home that still seems to be what i daily pray for. As a Mommy waiting for her kids and praying for them as they are being cared for in an orphanage my heart ached for them. Now that they are home my heart aches for their hearts to be healed. Praying that daily we are doing what is right for them to help with attachment, for them to be secure. As I write this Solomon is playing very sweetly with Jessica and laughing and kissing her...how sweet he is.

On Monday we were at Todd's softball game and Markenley had to go pee pee...there was no bathroom...I figured we would run to the nearest tree...that's what all the boys on TJ's team do. I didn't know how i was going to communicate this to him with my limited Creole. Just then Zach who is a little younger than Markenley heard that we were going to pee and he had to go too! GREAT!!! I had Zach show Markenley how to pee on the tree. I kinda wondered how I would stop this from being a normal thing for Markenley to do. Later that night we were at Safeway and I see Markenley standing up next to a cardboard display saying 'pee pee' looking as if he is going to try to go there...EEEKKKK ..Todd grabbed him and ran to the bathroom. Sheesh....I don't know what I would have done had he gone in the middle of the aisle in Safeway. I need to learn more Creole!!

Last night Solomon refused to go to sleep. I had layed with him for like an hour. It was so hard because as much as I love that time with the boys, I was feeling extremely guilty because I wanted to be downstairs with TJ helping him with his solar system project. Oh the Mommy guilt was building up! TJ is an extremely wonderful brother but he still needs me too.
I decided just to get him up and go help TJ. Solomon was being hysterically funny. He did not seem tired at all. He played and was being goofy as we made an awesome solar system. Later when we went to bed Solomon was sleeping in between Todd and I. He would, in the dark, go over to todd and kiss him, then to me..smooch smooch smooch. Finally I turned to my side and my back was to him. He would tap me and then I would turn to look at him and he would kiss me and then push my head back down..over and over. It was adorable.
I wonder how they were put to bed in the O. Markenley wants to lay on top of todd or I. He falls asleep pretty fast, but if i try to move from the bed when he is still awake he will pull me back to him.
I have read that leaving the room after they fall asleep will only cause anxiety and they will have a hard time falling asleep the other nights. hmmm...could this be why Solomon won't fall asleep as easily, or is there just too much excitement? Or is it because he is a Dunn and the Dunn kids are all night owls?? Solomon used to let his sisters snuggle him during nap time occasionally....as of last night it is only Mommy.
I can honestly say that I feel as if Solomon has been here forever. Markenley is still learning to trust, he is doing good though. He is a funny character, he loves to laugh. We are still trying to figure out the hair...it will need to be re-done soon. A doctor and receptionist both thought he was a girl today....hmmm...what to do. Will Markenley even let me spend that much time on his hair? Everyday I make sure I rub his hair and tell him how much I love it and want to take care of him. We'll see.

love you all.

6 comments:

Kathy Cassel said...

Fuuny. When we'd only had Jeff home a short time we attended a very small church. We were having a picnic in the pastor's back yard. Jeff walked over to the pastor's garden and relieved himself with no warning!

Angela said...

It's so great to read how wonderfully you are coming together as a family. So cool! I think his hair is stunning!!!!

Major Mom said...

You are doing awesome Renee! I love Markenly's hair by the way, I think its cool!

The Hermyzoo! said...

It is so wonderful so hear how things are going. I am glad to hear that things continue to move forward with great progress and happiness. I can only imagine how you would still be praying now for your boys just in a different way for different reasons. You are following the Lord plans for your family and for the boys and you will be lead and blessed to what the boys need.

Jodie said...

Great stories, Renee! These will be so precious when the kids are older!
I love Markenly's hair, too. Even if you had a shirt on him that says "All Boy," someone would call him a girl. Folks are weird like that.

Kristina said...

Ahhh the lovely art of pee pee skills. How funny! Thanks for making me laugh! He'll get the hang of it soon enough.

And the whole thinking he is a girl...I will never forget the time my oldest daughter was a baby. She had a pink dress on- with ruffles and a cute little pink headband on and the store clerk still asked me what she was. Seriously???? Do you know many people who put pink ruffly dresses on their baby boys? Give me a break!

It doesn't matter. Keep the hair it's cute!!!