CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Hopeful

Today started off icky, but became hopeful. It usually does. I heard someone talking about how they wish they knew what would happen in the future...whatever the situation was. Not adoption related. I started to think how so many adoptive parents wish they knew when their kids were coming home. It lead to me to think about how glad I am that I don't necessarily know what the Lord has in store for tomorrow. How exciting is a life that is all planned out? To just follow the course knowing what is next really wouldn't be that exciting. I was thinking back to many times hanging out with our small group and my bff pammi and i smiling contentedly at eachother because they were all chasing their toddlers..our kids were older...life is getting pretty easy!! Then God must've been smiling! He knew what was in store!! I just laugh..if i had known, i wouldn't have gotten to enjoy that moment with pammi..or maybe i would have enjoyed it more...hmm...Pam, we need to do some hanging out and relaxing soon before i am chasing the boys around!!

In my anguish and pain of the 'waiting' the Lord reveals over and over to me that he feels that way about his children. He wants them to all know him and love him. The biggest thing I struggle with is wishing Markenley, who is 4, know how much we love him...wanting the orphanage staff to constantly remind him of that. Isn't that what we are all called to do? Tell others that their heavenly father loves them so much and wants them to be with Him? What can we do today to share that love with others?

Anyway, life is good. I have a wonderful amazing family. Wonderful friends! A super fun job. An amazing Heavenly Father and HOPE.

love you all lots,
renee

3 comments:

Angela said...

Renee,

I LOVE your blog!!! I'm totally going to bookmark it so I can follow your adoption journey and celebrate with you. It brought tears to my eyes to read your words that totally echo my thoughts and feelings on waiting as well as the understanding of how much God must long for us to be home with Him. What a unique and rare gift we have to be able to share and understand that kind of love and desire.

So my comment is turning into a novel. ;) Your family is so beautiful and I sure hope to get to know you much better!!!

Thank you so much for the kindness and encouragement you've already given me in our wait as well!

Joyfully,
Angela

pam said...

what a difference a day makes...from sad, to hopeful. God is such our comforter...and He is GOOD! Yes, lets plan some BFF time soon!

love you!
~pam

Natalie said...

Renee,
It's awesome how God uses our time of waiting to teach us more about Himself. I love what He is showing you. Thanks for sharing it with us. What a treasure when the boys come home and you can share with them how deeply you longed for them to join your family, and even more deeply God longs for them to join His family.

Natalie