CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Update!! :)

Hi! I know it's been forever since I have posted! Thank you to those who have asked about how we are doing. Well...let me think back to what has been going on...
Adoption---
We have been missing our boys so much. Obviously with the holidays it is very hard. Every event we were at, I imagined how the boys would be having so much fun...and aching to share these experiences with them. Then on Jan. 10th, our sweet son Markenley turned 4 in Haiti. We were praying it was a great day for him and imagining his Haitian Mom visiting and enjoying some time with him. I am not sure if she did or not, but I felt better knowing she may be getting that time with him and treasuring it in her heart...but we missed him so much!!
Our file is in MOI, we have been in for one month. They are saying that that office is taking 3-5 months to process...then it's at least a month after MOI for passports and visas. It is just hard to tell, I have seen files get signed out of MOI in one week, and others take a year! I have heard that the MOI office is getting more organized and processing much quicker. Obviously we are praying that it is soon.

Jessica, my beautiful daughter who has been recovering from mono, has been having stomach pains that weren't related to the mono. They did some tests and found out that her pancreas isn't working correctly. They did a stool sample test and the lactaid # (not sure what it is) was 60..and should be around 460. They retested it and it came back at 50. They said that she either has a pancreatic insufficiency or Cystic Fibrosis. That news was horrible...we found this out on Dec. 19th. Kaiser was sending her to Stanford to do a sweat test to rule out CF. That test wasn't until Jan. 3rd. We had lots of waiting/praying days. We didn't tell Jess what the test was for. There was no need to worry her, she already hadn't felt good for 2 months. Well, we are praising GOD that the results came back that she does NOT have CF. She was given enzymes that she has to take every time she eats. We are praying that is all she needs. She had a MRI last week..hopefully we will get the results of that this week. Please pray that all of her organs are fine. She only has one kidney, so that is always a concern for us.
She is feeling better, she is working hard to get all her grades up..she missed 2 months of school.
What else has been happening...well, in Dec., the 2 weeks before Christmas, I worked full time at he Family Giving Tree. That was fun..I made some great friends and it was great working for this organization. I was doing this to help out my friend, Tara, but I am not cut out for part time work, i get too attached! I was sad to leave. Oh, I am getting sad all over again. I MISS YOU FAMILY GIVING TREE FAMILY!!

Christmas was fun, the kids got a Wii...so, all we heard for days was the guitar hero game. Now TJ has a wrestling game..he is so into wrestling! I am not liking that at all, but again, I am not a 9 year old boy. He is a good kid who loves his family, loves God, and wrestling! He is trying to get me to buy him wrestling pants...I don't think so!!
My parents and aunt and uncle came over on Christmas, that was nice. I am happy, my mommy had Leukemia a couple years ago, and she is in remission and doing great! :)
We spent time in Windsor with Todd's family after Christmas. It was wonderful. My sister-in-law told us she is having another baby!! I am so happy. She has a beautiful 19 year old daughter and an adorable 1 year old son. She is having another boy. I love him already!! It was great to spend time with Todd's family.

We got home from time with family and quickly got ready for a new year's eve party. Our small group came over, and the girls had a bunch of friends over. Finally, time to relax, and then I got sick. :(

A couple days later, I was helping Taylor clean and organize her room...she has been wanting to switch rooms with TJ for a while. I was fighting it because I didn't want to re-paint anything...I feel like i am always painting!! Well, TJ's room is really small...there are bunk beds and a crib in TJ's room. It was cute, but small!!
Todd said, "it may be better to do it now, so the boys don't have to change rooms later", that's all it took...I painted over taylor's tinkerbell room design, it is now "oh brother blue"! The perfect color for the boys room. Taylors big girl room (her birthday is tomorrow, she will be 12) is now white, brown and pink. She loves it...then a couple days later i helped paint my friend Jen's babies room. Todd thinks I love to paint...i only love to paint at the beginning of a project...i just love things painted!! And someone has to do it!! It was a great idea to change rooms, the boys have more space now!! I was a bit concerned because that room is further down the hall..but it will be fine. I am excited because I can lay in the boys bunk bed and see the hills. I was imagining laying there showing the boys the farm house and cows that are on the hill outside his window....I will have to take a picture of that and post it. It's beautiful.
Well, that is it for now. I will try to update more often..so there isn't so much to read. I will try to get pics posted too.
love to you all,
Renee

5 comments:

Kathy Cassel said...

I'm glad it wasn't CF for Jessica. That would have been horrible. It sounds like you're keeping busy. I hope you'e out of MOI soon and that passports go really fast too. Your boys are so handsome and sweet and deserve to be home.

Jodie said...

Praying for Jessica and her recovery! And praying for you to be out of MOI in record time!!

Kathy Cassel said...

I love your colorful template and header!

Mary said...

Hi Renee! I can't wait for your boys to come home. I know exactily what you are going through. I have been visiting your blog for awhile now but just joined the blogging world myself as of yesterday. Yippee!! Can you email me, I have a question for you? Thanks,
Mary (adopting Kenley at FHG)
jmmsheard@yahoo.com

Terry said...

I never been to your blog, at least I don't remember if I was. Good to know that Jessica doesn't have CF!Your kids are beautiful. Awesome to know that we are all in this together, right?!

Love the new Pic! May God Bless You, Terry