CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, November 24, 2007

What has been happening...hmmmm
*My hubby and I went to see Karen Kingsbury (wonderful Christian author who adopted 3 boys from Haiti) at a local church. She was speaking with Alex Smith (49'ers quarterback). He has a foundation Alex Smith Foundation that helps foster kids who are 18 and now have no support at all. I never really thought about that. How sad it that? I would hope that my kids will be able to support themselves at 18 (having grown up in a somewhat normal home) but chances are they will still need a family!
Karen was wonderful and spoke about spending time with family. We were very touched by her and encouraged. We then got to meet her and Alex (as cute as Alex is I was very excited to hug Karen and tell her that I learned about Haiti from reading about her adoption story!!)

*Operation Christmas Child!! I love this Ministry and for about 5 years I have spearheaded this at church. After being in Haiti and seeing these kids get 'simple things' and being so happy, this has meant even more to me. You can check it out for next year at www.samaritanspurse.org It is easy, you fill a shoebox with simple things, toothbrush, washcloth, toothpaste, soap, socks, crayons, lolipops, etc.
We advertised at church for people to donate money (if they didn't have time to do the box themselves) and I would be a personal shopper. That really helped and i was able to fill 100 more boxes that way! My friend and I shopped and put all 100 boxes (with our kids help) in a day.

*Jessica update--still has mono--but i think she may be on the mend!! She is so behind on school. Please pray for her to go back to school on Monday and be able to survive school and then homework...then makeup work. She is very smart, but just needs energy.

*Adoption update!! Well we have our adoption decree and now our I-600 approval as well!! Yippee...now we are waiting to hear that we are in MOI. We miss the boys tremendously. Jessica said last night that if the boys aren't home for christmas she doesn't want any gifts. She doesn't think it is fair.

Ok, well I better go for now!!
Hugs,
Renee

2 comments:

The Hermyzoo! said...

Yeah, I was glad to see an update! Jessica, what a remarkable child. To be willing to go without because he knows her brother's might. That's a GREAT kid, what a wonderful example to all!
Tanya

Heather said...

Hey Renee,

Congratulations on the I-600 approval and your adoption decree!! That is so wonderful! I can't wait to hear you are going to Haiti to pick up your boys. Praying you hear you are in MOI soon and that it will be a very short stay!

Love,
Heather
PS I love the new video and song