CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, November 02, 2007

I have had a really busy week, but have experienced so many blessings along the way. As event coordinator at our church the Family Fall Festival is one of my big events. We had lots of fun games, trick or treat doors, astro jump, hay maze and a really BIG bouncy slide. Being as I was at church working the last couple days Taylor and TJ got to spend lots of time on the slide....and had to help us clean the darn thing for hours today! It was super fun! I had fun with the kids, and todd and pammi!
I am always so blessed to see so many people sign up to volunteer to help. I don't even worry anymore a week before an event when I am trying to recruit volunteers, God provides. I am so thankful for the many people who were willing to serve God, and it was sooo fun!!! Shanay even had fun when I made her do the FLUSHER..basically she had to sit on a toilet and let kids play a bean bag game with the end result being getting to flush the toilet which released a tank of COLD water on her head!! She did this for about 15 minutes!
Todd never ceases to amaze me with the amount of time he gives to the children's ministries at church, because he loves to serve God, and I ask him to! hee hee...I am so thankful for all his help. I wish I could find a way to be involved in Worship Ministries to help him out! I try to help by telling him which songs I want to hear at church! I actually did pick the special songs for Mother's Day (Carrie Underwood 'don't forget to remember') and Fathers Day (Rodney Atkins, 'watching you') Both songs made me cry! I am not that much into country music, it just worked out that way!

Oh, we did have some excitement the night before the fall festival. I had been at church all day and was standing with my friend Emily in my office. All of a sudden I thought it was hailing really loud, or else there was someone running really fast on the roof...then it all started shaking. Instead of running to a doorway, Emily and I just held onto eachother. It shook for a while. It was a 5.6 earthquake centered 6 miles from our house. I immediatly called home and Tay and TJ were scared. Jess was home with them. She made them go in the doorway. I was proud of her. She kept calm. Todd was in the sanctuary running musical rehearsal. He yelled 'go to the glu lams' or something like that..apparently that is what the big beame in the sanctuary are called! But of course being involved in the planning of the building he only knows these things so everyone was thinking todd was freaking out! Hee hee...anyway, we had lots of aftershocks after that. Yesterday we had a pretty big one but i was too busy to stop and think about it. :) Gotta love CA!
ok, well...that's all for now.
love you all...
renee

1 comments:

Kathy Cassel said...

You sound busy! I would have no idea what to do if everything started shaking!