CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, November 20, 2008

Renee's random ramblings

So since i haven't blogged in a while and i think i have had too much coffee tonight...thought i would just do a general update!

Let's see....well...I have been feeling rather frustrated lately and am trying to process it all. Last week I got an email from the American Director of the orphanage the boys lived at. Solomon's birth mom is in a desperate situation and wanted us to send pics and I am sure money to help her. They are really struggling and if we think the economic situation is bad here...it is dire in Haiti. Apparently they interviewed her a while back, even sent a newsletter out with her story and a picture of her and her daughter...do you think anyone told us about it???? NOOOOO Not until I asked about her. UGH. http://forhisgloryoutreach.org/news.php If you click on this link and read the Life in Haiti that story is about her. Then I clicked on the devastating pictures link...my heart just about broke.

That same day I was feeding my sweet little boys and they were on the back deck eating rice and green beans. I looked outside and they were laughing...as they were throwing their rice in the air. They kept doing it. I did grab the video and got a little on tape to show daddy!

Here i just read all this about their family in Haiti not being able to afford dirt biscuits for each member of the family...and my own children are throwing their food on the floor. It is heartbreaking to see such devastation and not fix it. That same morning we had taken Taylor to get braces. Ok, so as parents that is what we are supposed to do, right? In AMERICA! $5000 to have straight teeth!!!! There are people who can't afford rice! Hmmmm...sorry, i really am trying to process it all. I just believe God wants us all to do our part to help others. I really wish i could do more. I looked at Kathy C's blog with the 4 year old triplets that need a home...i had to quickly look away!! I am so not ready for that....but if I let my heart go there....

The boys are doing really great. Markenley is doing much better with the melt downs...but they still happen...had one today! It is soooo draining. I had to hold him for like 20 minutes....kicking and screaming. Then he took a nap and was a doll. He just finished up soccer! He went from sitting on the field to walking on the lines to being on the ball trying with all his might! I took him to his soccer party last night and I really enjoyed one on one time with him. It was at a bounce house place. He had a ball! When they started handing out trophies he looked at me with such hopeful eyes and said "not for me Mommy?" "Yes of course you get one Honey." 6 months in the country and getting his first trophy. I was a very proud Mommy! Tonight he was watching Pocahontis with Shanay and she said there was a part where John says to Pocahontis "I don't belong here" and then Markenley said to Shanay "I want to belong" and she said "you belong here with us" and he said "i belong to Haiti"...she came and told me. I went to him and he said the same thing to me...my mommy heart broke and I had to snuggle and reassure him that he belongs to Jesus and to Daddy and Mommy and sisters and brothers.....I don't know how much he knows what BELONG means...but this was a good opportunity to cement this deeper in his little 4 year old heart. Don't we all want to belong?
Markenley is also in major planning mode for his birthday...his first ever birthday party ever!!! I really should have had a party for him when he got home. He has had to go through Todd's, Solomons, Mine, Shanay, Jessica and numerous other non family member parties since he came home. Poor little guy. Everyday he will say "can i have a truck birthday, can i have a spiderman birthday"..etc. etc.
I really want to have a play date for him with my dear friend pearls day care kids. I watch them from time to time...they are such amazing kids....they will ask about the boys when I am there. I think it would be fun for them to come over to my house and play with the boys. They are a great group of kids for the boys to be buddies with. :)

Solomon is a hysterical ball of energy and snuggles. "Snuggle Mommy" he says a 100 times a day. He likes to tattle too...if someone hurts him or scolded him and he cries he finds someone and says "Daddy do that", or "Nay Nay do that"....etc.
Todd and I will just look at each other thinking what would we do without this kid??


Tay tay is doing good...in pain because of the braces. Surviving Jr. High so far!! She is such a awesome big sis...they all are really...to the boys at least, not always to eachother!! :) Tay is in the choir for the church Christmas musical! I love hearing her sing.

TJ is super busy with Snow White rehearsals and the church Christmas musical. Not to mention piano lessons (free at school...yeah!) and saxophone lessons too. He also is sooo into magic tricks. Card tricks, coin tricks etc. Each day it is something new with him. A few weeks ago he was putting highlighter ink into the medicine dropper and thinking it was a cure for cancer (he told taylor he would sell it to her for $100)! He has his heart set on curing cancer...he was also using a cane and walking with a limp like Dr. House.

Jessibear is trying to plan her future...Youth Pastor or the Medical field...hmm,,..i will keep you posted!! She just finished volleyball...yeah! She is doing a lot of juggling in her life lately! :) Oh to be 15 again.:)

Shanay is busy with school and friends! She took Solomon to her school soccer game last night while i was with Markenley at his soccer party. She enjoyed playing big sis and showing him off to all of her friends...and getting looks from the adults who probably think he was was son.

Todd is busy with the holiday stuff at church! Directing the Christmas Musical has occupied a lot of his time. He is also doing music for the family camp at Mt. Hermon on thanksgiving and the whole weekend....which we get to attend!! We are all super excited! I love love love Mt. Hermon and to get to go with my family is such a blessing.

Ok, that's it for now...gotta go sew stuff!

Love,
Renee

4 comments:

Kathy Cassel said...

I read the story about Haiti, wow. But where do you start and end with helping other people? There is so much need. It's hard for me to imagine.

I have two that play sax but none that play piano. We don't have one. My two march in the parades and at football games now.

And I had two in braces and the toughest one to go because Jasmine has to have bone grafting for her cleft and then they said about FOUR years in braces. I am so hoping they are wrong.

There is a big writer's conference at Mt. H every April but I've never had the money to go. It sounds awesome though. I know they do tons of family and other camps. That's great that you get to go.

Okay, this is getting really long so I will shut up for now. It's always good to see your updates. We have a lot in common. My Jessibear is a junior and has to make some decision soon about her future.

Mary said...

I love the ramblings!! Totally know what you mean about the situation in Haiti. It is so devastating that it is just hard to even think about. Those triplet boys are ADORABLE! I just with a had a gazillion dollars so we could all go down and help them all get back on their feet with housing, food, medical...... UGH!

Jodi Queenan Artist copyright 2011 said...

I've enjoyed reading your blog. God has used your family to answer prayers and questions about adoption.

Thanks.

jodiandgrantadopt.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Glad you guys are doing well.

I understand about being conflicted. I feel the same way.