CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, April 12, 2009

the blessing and the curse..

Todd and I are both so blessed to be able to work at our church that we LOVE!! We have super flexible schedules (most of the time). We work with great people, we get to serve God as our job..there are countless wonderful things about the job...holidays are the downfall..we are so busy before the holidays and usually work on the holiday (Christmas, Easter etc). We have been so busy...Todd with all of the many church services the last weeks, me planning the Easter Outreach (not to mention my first day care kid started, he is amazingly cute). This morning I realized I hadn't even planned what the boys would wear to church, the morning was so rushed. Church was great. Shanay asked if I was cooking Easter Dinner...ugh, am I a horrible Mom, I didn't plan on cooking...i was tired...really really tired. I did end up making chicken fettuccini alfredo, not very Easter Dinner like. The boys were tired so we waited until after nap to have the traditional back yard egg hunt. By the time we had the Egg hunt it was 7:15, cold outside and I was in a 'icky mad at everyone mood'. My expectations of the day did not turn out to be what the reality of the boys first Easter was.
I really need to plan better I guess!
Goodnight.

3 comments:

Kathy Cassel said...

Don't feel like you have to do it all. Sometimes we grab a pizza on the holidays even and skip all the cooking. The little boys wouldn't even notice. I bet they had a great time just doing something new.

My two oldest ones work a lot now so things are changing here. They had to work 12-6 but we'd already planned to do a flashlight egg hunt to make it more challenging so that worked out.

I did an egg hunt with the twins at the hotel in Haiti last month. I don't know if it's something they'd done before or not. NOt sure how much they celebrate holidays.

Tamara B said...

Hi there. Just a quick note to ask you to pray for us. I know that I don't know you at all and that I found your blog through a friend, Christina, I think. But, right now we're digging through the international adoption process. And to be honest, with it being our first adoption, I want it to go smoothly as possible and the agency that we're working with (and have yet to sign a contract with) isn't familiar enough with Ghana adoptions. Will you pray for us as we ask God for His will and His timing in this situation? Thanks.

Jodi Queenan Artist copyright 2011 said...

Everyone looks great in the pics. We're officially waiting!!!