CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, July 19, 2008

Ok, we did it...we cut his hair!!!

WHAT DID WE DO??? We have been going back and forth about what to do with Markenley's hair. It is adorable au natual..but takes about 15 minutes every morning to comb/condition form the ringlets etc. When it's not conditioned it's super dry..when i over condition it it's extremely icky and greasy and we were all getting pimples from the products.
On the good days i say let's just keep it long...but it's been super hot and I feel for him..so recently I braided it, and like when he came home from Haiti, he was called a girl numerous times.
He also likes to wear hats, that was hard because his hair was so long and if he did take the hat off it looked funny. He also wears a helmet while riding the scooter... helmet hair...not cute. I also really wanted to get to his scalp and really see the condition of it. Solomon has a fungus on his that was treated and now he's fine. We didn't want to traumatize Markenley so we have waited. We cut Solomons hair recently and so we have been asking Markenley if he wants his cut. Some days it was yes, some days no. Recently he was asking to have it cut. We finally decided to just do it. We know it will grow back. This will give us a fresh start. This was so hard emotionally for me...but I do think he looks adorable!! When I first showed him himself in the mirror he didn't like it, didn't want to look...it was so sad. But now he is happy. Here are some pics of the new hair cut...and other pics too. :)

Lunchtime in the backyard!
Lunchtime for Soly too!
Taylors Umpa Loompa wig!

ADORABLE!
GUITAR HEROS!
Daddy is cutting my hair!! :)
LOOK AT ALL HIS HAIR!!!
HANDSOME MARKENLEY AND BEAUTIFUL SISTER SHANAY!
SOLOMON IN HIS TRUCK!
MARKENLEY LOVES TO HELP!! HERE HE'S TAKING OUT THE TRASH...
PRE-HAIR CUT!


KITTY CAT LOOKS CUTE WITH MARKENLEY'S HAIR!

SOLOMON!
I LOVE BASEBALL!!

VACUUMING HIS HAIR!
BROTHERS!



I DO LOVE HIS HAIR...I AM KINDA' MISSING IT!! :(

7 comments:

Kathy Cassel said...

I bet it's a lot easier to take care of now! That's how Kaleb's hair always is at the O. He hardly had any when we got there and then they cut it during our trip.

Salzwedel Family said...

He looks adorable either way!

crispy said...

I got your comment on my blog and wanted to stop by and visit. You have been blesses with BEAUTIFUL children. God is good.

Cris

The Hermyzoo! said...

I love it. They are so handsome it helps show off their faces! Although I love the long hair. I have tried to grown out Elijah's been have been told that it won't work for his hair. I was bummed. It's nice short for the summer and so easy.

Mary said...

He looks so cute a buzzed head!! Your family is so beautiful.

kayder1996 said...

It is odd to see him with no hair. Mostly because every picture I've seen of Markenley from the O has him with those braids. But I can see how he might get the girl comment because he does have kind of fine facial features. I'm not sure what we're going to do with Kenson's hair. His hair has never been long, always shaved. So I'm kind of the opposite-thinking "maybe we should grow it out a bit so we can see what it looks like long". Anyway, he's a handsome kiddo with or without hair!
Kayla

Anonymous said...

THey look so cute!!!!